The two of you push together, steer together and, what's even better, connect with each other!
Yet for safety reasons, you remain in control.
Buddy Bike provides a unique design.
Buddy bike puts your child up front but keeps you in the driver's seat!
Buddy Bike provides a unique design.
Buddy Bike utilizes an exclusive and innovative design with an extra set of handles on the handlebars for your child, an extra rear brake for safety and gears connected to your child's pedals.
Cycling enthusiasts and taller adult riders will enjoy Buddy Bike Sport BB104-AL-30.
The sport utilizes a Shimano Deore 30 speed derailleur, Tektro IO disc brakes plus one Tektro U-brake for the stoker for more braking power and a Pletscher bi-pod kickstand for stability.
With a wide range of gears for better climbing, increased rear rider leg room, a suspension fork and thinner, slicker tires, Buddy Bike Sport will provide a smoother ride with less rolling resistance.
High polished silver frame color.
UNIQUE HANDLEBAR SETUP
The unique handlebar setup of the Buddy Bike allows the front rider to feel all of the steering movements, while the extended rear handlebars gives the rear rider total control.
Front and rear brakes and the shifters are located on the extended handlebar.
The front rider holds onto the smaller set of bars, which also have rear braking capacity.
Both sets of handlebars are adjustable.
The rear set can be moved up and down, depending on the rider's preference, and the front set can be moved backwards and forwards, depending on the rider's reach.
Children can easily hold onto the handlebars and stay seated and balanced.
For the child who can't quite reach the pedals we have optional fold out foot pegs which attach to the frame.
Many kids aged five to eight fit that description.
The adjustable seats make it a snap to fit riders of all dimensions.
Please note, that although the Buddy Bike arrives 90% assembled, the manufacturer requires that their Bikes to be shipped to a bike shop only. At the Bike Shop a professional can complete the assembly of your Buddy Bike.
We will gladly ship your Buddy Bike the bike shop of your choice.
WHEN YOU ENTER YOUR ORDER - USE THE BIKE SHOP AS YOUR SHIP TO ADDRESS
+ Geared toward cycling enthusiasts & Captains over 5'8”
+ Aluminum frame, high polish silver
+ Shimano Deore M525 30 speed
-> WIDE range of gears
+ Maximum distance between rider seats for more rear rider leg room
+ Captain seat tube angle increased for more comfortable pedaling position
+ 40.5" Captain seat to headset
+ 19.2" Distance between seats
+ Tektro IO disc brakes plus rear wheel standard caliper brake for stoker
+ Suspension fork w/60 mm travel
+ Kenda K1029 26 x 1.5 tires w/thorn resistant tubes for a smooth ride with less rolling resistance
+ Shimano sealed unit bottom brackets for both riders
+ Seat posts 30.4 mm alloy silver (front 300 mm, rear 280 mm)
+ Buddy Bike head badge
+ 1 sets water bottle mounts
+ 43 lbs. bike weight
+ 85.61" overall bike length
+ 58.1" wheel base (center front to center rear wheel)
+ Width between steering handlebars 33"
+ Top of front rider seat post to pedal at bottom position distance 22"
1. For taller adult riders (5'7' and above), we offer a seat post which allows approximately 1.25" - 1.5" setback for more rear rider leg room.
2. For smaller child riders we offer a set of fold-out foot pegs to rest feet out of the pedal motion path.
3. For riders with balance issues or for smaller riders we offer a Bike seat with a back rest - Ships Separately
4. For easier storage and support when off the bike we offer two kickstand options
-> Pletscher - Swiss made two - legged kickstand provides stable bike support
-> Black Bi-Pod - provides upright support
5. Axel Release Kit converts Buddy Bike from internal hubs to Quick Release hubs
1. The kickstands are great for holding up your Buddy Bike - but they are only intended to support the weight of the bike only - NOT riders.
Therefore, DO NOT sit on the Buddy Bike while the kickstand is lowered.
2. Adult riders under 5'4" may not be able to control and/or comfortably ride the SPORT Buddy Bike.
3. As Buddy Bike continues to make improvements throughout the life of a product, all specifications are subject to change without notice.