Yet for safety reasons, you remain in control.
Buddy Bike provides a unique design.
Buddy bike puts your child up front but keeps you in the driver's seat!
If you are looking for the Sport version go to our Special needs bicycle section.
Buddy Bike provides a unique design.
Buddy Bike utilizes an exclusive and innovative design with an extra set of handles on the handlebars for your child, an extra rear brake for safety and gears connected to your child's pedals.
UNIQUE HANDLEBAR SETUP
The unique handlebar setup of the Buddy Bike allows the front rider to feel all of the steering movements, while the extended rear handlebars gives the rear rider total control.
Front and rear brakes and the shifters are located on the extended handlebar.
The front rider holds onto the smaller set of bars, which also have rear braking capacity.
Both sets of handlebars are adjustable.
The rear set can be moved up and down, depending on the rider's preference, and the front set can be moved backwards and forwards, depending on the rider's reach.
Children can easily hold onto the handlebars and stay seated and balanced.
For the child who can't quite reach the pedals we have optional fold out foot pegs which attach to the frame.
Many kids aged five to eight fit that description.
The adjustable seats make it a snap to fit riders of all dimensions.
Please note, that although the Buddy Bike arrives 90% assembled, the manufacturer requires that their Bikes to be shipped to a bike shop only.
At the Bike Shop a professional can complete the assembly of your Buddy Bike.
We will gladly ship your Buddy Bike the bike shop of your choice.
WHEN YOU ENTER YOUR ORDER - USE THE BIKE SHOP AS YOUR SHIP TO ADDRESS
If you are looking for funds to purchase a special needs product, click here for organizations that may be able to assist you.
We gladly provide personalized quotations to assist in grant applications.
+ Aluminum frame
+ single crown rigid fork provides a light ride and easy handling
+ 8 speed - Shimano Inter 8 (no derailleur) + Bike weight 50 lbs.
+ Holds two adults to accommodate riders of all ages
+ Wheel base (center front to center rear wheel) 57.125"
+ Bike length 83.125"
+ Width between steering handlebars 33"
+ Tektro V Captain brakes plus a rear wheel caliper brake for the Stoker
+ 26" wheels
+ Kenda K892-007 26 x 1.95 tires w/thorn resistant tubes
+ Seat posts 30.4 mm alloy silver (front 300 mm, rear 280 mm)
+ Top of front rider seat post to pedal at bottom position distance 22"
+ Buddy Bike head badge
+ 2 sets water bottle mounts
1. For taller adult riders (5'7' and above), we offer a seat post which allows approximately 1.25" - 1.5" setback for more rear rider leg room.
2. For smaller child riders we offer a set of fold-out foot pegs to rest feet out of the pedal motion path.
3. For riders with balance issues or for smaller riders we offer a Bike seat with a back rest - Ships Separately
4. For easier storage and support when off the bike we offer two kickstand options
-> Pletscher - Swiss made two - legged kickstand provides stable bike support
-> Black Bi-Pod - provides upright support
5. Axel Release Kit converts Buddy Bike from internal hubs to Quick Release hubs
1. The kickstands are great for holding up your Buddy Bike - but they are only intended to support the weight of the bike only - NOT riders.
Therefore, DO NOT sit on the Buddy Bike while the kickstand is lowered.
2. Adult riders under 5'3" may not be able to control and/or comfortably ride the Buddy Family Bike.
3. As Buddy Bike continues to make improvements throughout the life of a product, all specifications are subject to change without notice.